Monday, July 21, 2014

Swap Share: Bags & Tags

Happy Monday!

Wow, the weekend just flew by, didn't it? I hope you all had a great one!

Here's another item for one of the swaps I did:
Bags & Tags!
I am all about pretty packaging - I'm really bad at gift wrapping, so, if the item can fit in a gift bag,  why not pretty it up?

 Once again, I did some layering on the tag - a circle punched put and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, butterflies stamped from Papillon Potpourri, then, punched with the Elegant Butterfly and the Bitty Butterfly punches. I added a bit of Linen Thread and bling to it for some interest and used the sentiment from the Amazing Birthday stamp set and fussy cut it out. I used  a mini clothespin to attach the tag to the bag and to also use it as a bag closure. The tag top? I used my Envelope Punch Board for it!


Because the bag is white and on the thick side, the possibilities were endless. I decided to do some emboss resist with the Papillon Potpourri Stamp set, Versamark Ink and white embossing powder. After heat embossing the images, I used my Stamping Sponges and, starting from the bottom, I used Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding.  The sentiment is one from the Four You stamp set.
I love the way it came out! I didn't struggle with this category too much, as it wasn't the first time I decorated a gift bag.  But, no less nerve racking to make as I wanted to make sure the other demos that were involved in the swap enjoyed it, too.
A list of the items I used is attached to this post...and, remember...everything can be purchased 24/7 via my online store at kahuila1.stampinup.net
So, until next time...go put some ink on your stamps and make something pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment