Sunday, July 27, 2014

Watercolor Background Technique

Good morning!

I'm sorry - this post was supposed to happen yesterday:(  A last minute appointment came up for me and that threw me off. But, here it is! This is a little picture heavy, so, let's get started...

First off, choose your colors - I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango. You will also need a stamping block and watercolor paper - I cut my paper down to 5 1/4 x 4 so that I could layer it on my card base or cut it down if I wanted to. You'll also need a spray bottle with water 

Starting from your lightest color of ink, take your ink pad and apply it to your block - just press it down and get a good amount of ink on it

Mist your watercolor paper with water...

And, your block with the ink, too

Then, cover your block with your paper....

And, press...

See how the watercolor paper takes the color? Isn't pretty? You can keep pressing the paper down to the block to absorb more color or you can leave it as is...it's up to you

Here is what it looks like

Normally, I use my embossing gun to dry it, but, because it's 530 am, I don't think my family would appreciate it:) so, I just used a napkin to blot at it

I should have saved the napkin for my art journal...


And, there you go...
And, after a little trimming, here's what I used it for!

There are so many color combos to try...the possibilities are endless! I wanted to do something different and found this idea on YouTube by Patty Bennet. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
All of the supplies used can be found at kahuila1.stampinup.net


No comments:

Post a Comment