Friday, July 25, 2014

Swap Share: Perfect Pennants

Happy Friday!

Woo hoo - it's here!! I'm so looking forward to spending time with my men this weekend, I'm  super excited about it!! Okay...I give it about 4 hours then I'm gonna be wishing they were out of the house so I can do something quietly...

I have the last of the unorganized swaps to share with you
I had seen a tutorial by Patty Bennett about watercoloring using SU!'s inks...I had to try it!
I'll work on a picture tutorial today and I'll get that posted tomorrow...I'm considering doing YouTube videos, but, I have a serious fear of the dislike button:(
I tend to stay with neutral or softer tones because its safe. But, I wanted something bright and happy and came up with this! Melon Mambo is the base, with Whisper White layered on it. The watercolor paper panel is made up Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Tangerine Tango inks...I love the way it blended together! Then, I took Gorgeous Grunge and stamped it using Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight for some interest. I layered the watercolor panel on Basic Black, added Linen Thread with a dab of glue to the panel and then layered my butterflies on it. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Inks Tuxedo Black directly on the Whisper White and added a couple of rhinestones for sparkle.
I loved the way this turned out!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have an awesome day!

All items listed below can be found on my site at kahuila1.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment